PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
This statement is issued on behalf of Trycon Technologies Private Limited, under section 54 of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 ‘transparency requirement’. This statement informs how Trycon Technologies Private Limited seeks to ensure that its operations and its supply chains are kept free of slavery and human trafficking (“Modern Slavery”).
Trycon Technologies Private Limited, founded in 2013, creates intuitive and simple-to-use QR Code technology-based business solutions. It is the parent company of the SaaS products Scanova, Ticket Generator, QR Batch, and QR API, and employs between 35-50 people. Trycon Technologies Private Limited has a global annual turnover that currently ranges between USD 1-5 Million.
Typically, our major suppliers fall into the following categories outlined below:
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Digital Ocean, who help host our applications and databases
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) service providers that help in software development, management, marketing, and other business processes
- Third-party consultants (including subcontractors) that we engage for services from time to time related to various work, including legal counsel, accounting work, IT applications, security assessment, and professional services
- In addition, there are other third party service providers who we engage with to provide office premises and related value-added services
MODERN SLAVERY RISKS
We continuously monitor our supply chain to identify partners or vendors that may pose a risk with respect to engaging in illegal activities and Modern Slavery. Usually, our assessment follows a specific number of principles:
- Type of services we engage in. As mentioned above, our business focuses on the provision of SaaS services. Thus, we do not “manufacture” our products, at least not in the traditional meaning of the word (i.e. via the use of manual workers and machines in factories). Nor do we engage third parties to perform any such manufacturing on our behalf
- We maintain rigor in our human resource processes. Our human resources team ensures that those recruited have necessary authorizations to work. Also, we verify the legal age for employment before hiring
- Nature of our significant vendors. As a SaaS company, our significant vendors mainly consist of hosting and related cloud service providers
- Nature of our usage of non-SaaS services outside contractors. Our usage of outside contractors for professional services or non-SaaS services is mainly very limited. Accordingly, we do not consider the Modern Slavery risk in the supply of our professional or other non-SaaS services to be high
- We aim for a zero-tolerance approach to violations of anti-slavery and human trafficking laws. Our position on this is well-known internally and explicitly stipulated in our internal meetings, training, and enforced through audits.
- Geographic locations in which we engage. As of the date of this statement, the majority of the jurisdictions in which our customers and suppliers are located are geographical locations in which we do not expect the risk of illegal activities such as Modern Slavery to be high.
After reviewing the nature of our operations and our supply chains, we consider the Modern Slavery risk they present to be negligible.
Although our assessment that the Modern Slavery risk presented by our operations and supply chains is negligible, we remain committed in our unalterable opposition to Modern Slavery and are committed to robust standards of legal and ethical code of conduct of business.
As part of our Supplier Management Policy, we commit to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships, including ensuring that Trycon, its employees, and our suppliers do not engage in any form of Modern Slavery.
We have conducted an assessment of the risks, both external and internal, of slavery and human trafficking, including supplier, sector risks, and business partnership risks within its own operations and supply chain and we have determined that none of our own business operations are undertaken in higher risk areas, whether by reference to geographical location or business sector.
Our management, with the oversight of our Chief Executive Officer, will take reasonable steps from time to time to monitor compliance with the supplier Management Policy and impose and enforce appropriate disciplinary measures for violations of the policy or other company policies.
To ensure a high level of compliance with our policies and procedures against human trafficking and modern slavery in our supply chains and within our business, Trycon Technologies Private Limited provides training and briefings to all employees.
In the upcoming financial year, we will:
- Keep updating our employee training program in line with best practices
- Formalize and adopt a Human Rights Policy outlining our commitment to upholding human rights worldwide
- Continue to take steps where possible to ensure our operations and supply chains are and remain Modern Slavery-free always
- Monitor and review our assessment of the Modern Slavery risks our operations and supply chains present on a regular basis
ADHERENCE TO OUR VALUES AND ETHICS
The Modern Slavery risk in our supply chain processes is negligible due to the sector in which we operate, the nature of our supply chains, and the values, policies, andSupplier Management Policy to which our employees are required to adhere to, to the extent that risk of Modern Slavery or a potential Modern Slavery incident was identified within our business or supply chain, we would investigate and deal with that incident in accordance with our policies.
This statement has been prepared and published on behalf of Trycon Technologies Private Limited pursuant to section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) Modern Slavery Act 2015 in respect of the financial year ending March 31, 2023. It has been approved by the Chief Executive Officer of Trycon Technologies Private Limited.
Chief Executive Officer
Date: Apr 01, 2022
For any questions related to this topic, please reach out to the Customer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.