Use this guide to understand what design options are offered by QR API.
Take note that you can generate two types of designs using QR API, these design options are Custom with Logo and Custom with Background.
In the Custom with Logo Design option, you can add colors and patterns to the eyes and data modules of the QR Codes along with a logo image in the center, and In the Custom with Background design, you can place a semi-transparent QR Code on top of an image.
However, to understand the design options, we'll see the other important parameters of the QR Codes.
These parameters are as follows:
- Size of the QR Code-You can specify the size preset of the QR Code image from the available values which are S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL. Also, you can specify the custom size of the QR Code image in pixels ranging between 300 to 6000 pixels
- Error Correction-Error Correction helps maintain the scannability of the QR Code even if there is some damage to data modules. Error correction is measured in damage in percentage (%) that it can sustain. The values are L (~7%), M (~15%), Q (~25%), and H (~30%)
- Data Pattern-You can edit the pattern of data modules of the QR Code. Click here to explore all the data patterns
- Eye Pattern-You can edit the pattern of the eyes (position markers in the three corners) of the QR Code. Click here to view all the eye patterns
- Data Gradient Style-You can add a color gradient style to the group of data modules. Take a look at all the Gradient Patterns
- Data Gradient Colors (Start/End)-You can use these parameters to add color to all data modules.
- Eye Color (Inner/Outer)-You can use these parameters to add colors to the eyes (position markers in the three corners) of the QR Codes
- Background Color-You can use this parameter to specify the color of the QR Codes background including non-dark data modules
Now, we'll have a deeper understanding of the main parameters of the Design options.
Custom with Logo Design
- URL of the Logo-You'll need to enter the URL of the image you want as a logo. Please note that the image source allows cross-domain access or else you can simply use the Media feature to upload an image and get the URL
- Size of the Logo-You'll need to enter the size of the logo image in percentage (%). Here, please note that a higher logo size may produce the QR Code unscannable
- Excavated Logo-You can use this parameter to specify if the blocks around the logo should be removed or should not be removed
- The angle of the Logo-You can use this parameter if you want to rotate the image at an angle
Custom with Background Design
- Url of the Background image (Poster)-You'll need to enter the URL of the image you want as a background image. Please note that the image source allows cross-domain access or else you can simply use the Media feature to upload an image and get the URL
- Poster Positioning (Left/Top)- This parameter will help you position the QR Code from the left and the top edge of the uploaded background image
- Size of the Poster-You can specify the size of the QR Code relative to the size of the uploaded background image
- Poster Eyeshape-You can use this parameter to edit the pattern of the eyes of the QR Code. View all the poster eye patterns here
- Poster Data Pattern- You can use this parameter to edit the pattern of data modules of the QR Code. View all the poster data patterns here
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.