Use this guide to create QR Codes with ready-made logo/icon templates using the web application QR API.
Earlier it was possible to add images to the QR API tool, either as a logo or as a background image to the QR Code, by uploading images in the application itself and then using the generated URL on the documentation page. For details, please see: Can I generate custom-designed QR Codes using your API
As an enhancement, we've added a new feature to our tool which will allow you to add ready-made logo/icon templates in the QR Codes from the application itself. Via this feature, you can copy and paste the in-application generated ready-made logo/icon URLs in the Swagger API playground.
Here's how you can access this feature:
1. Login to your QR API Account
2. Click on 'Media' on the left sidebar
3. Here you can use three different options:
- Upload an Image (from your device)
- Use the Logos Template
- Use the Icons Template
A. Upload an Image
To upload an image you'll need to
- Click on the add image icon and upload an image from your device
- Once uploaded, click on the image to generate its URL (on the right-hand side of the dashboard)
- You'll also find an option to delete the uploaded image at the end of this page
B. Use the Logos Template
To use a ready-made logo template you'll need to
- Click on any Logo template you wish to add to the QR Codes
- On the right-hand side of the page, the Logo URL will be generated
- Copy the Logo URL and paste it in the 'logo.url' parameter of the QR Code category you are creating
C. Use the Icons Template
To use a ready-made Icon template you'll need to
- Click on any Icon template you wish to add to the QR Codes
- On the right-hand side of the page, the Icon URL will be generated
- Copy the Icon URL and paste it in the 'logo.url' parameter of the QR Code category you are creating
It is also possible to update the colour of icons via a colour palette
On updating the colour of the icon, the changes will be visible in the Icon Preview section and the Icon URL will be updated based on the colour selection
You can now use these ready-made templates in your API calls to QR API to ensure there are no errors in fetching the image. This will also reduce the overall API response time.
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at email@example.com.