If you are to looking set a deactivation time for QR codes, providing you with enhanced security and control over your generated codes, then you can use the Auto-Deactivate QR Code option of Scanova QR Code Generator.
This guide will help you to define a specific timeframe for the QR codes to remain active before they automatically expire. This functionality is particularly useful for scenarios where time-sensitive access is required or when you want to limit the exposure of your QR codes. Note: You will need a Pro or Enterprise subscription to use this feature.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Login to your Scanova QR Code Generator account
- Create a new QR Code. Say you want to create a Website URL QR Code. Select Website URL from the QR Code categories and enter the link of your website, video, etc.
- Click on Continue
- A new page will appear where you can enter the Name & Tag of the QR Code
- On the same page, click on 'Auto-Deactivate QR Code'
- Enter the correct timezone and time when you want the QR Code to be automatically deactivated or expired. [Optional] You can also specify a custom message which will be shown when a deactivated QR Code is scanned.
- Click on Create QR Code
That’s it. Your QR Code will be not accessible beyond the designated timeframe.
You can even edit the time or set a deactivation time for your existing QR Codes. Here’s how:
- Login to your Scanova QR Code Generator account and go to My QR Codes on the left panel
- Select the QR Code, and click on View/Edit. (The active QR Codes will have the '✅' symbol and the deactivated QR Codes will have the '' symbol displayed)
- Click on Advanced Settings and enter the new date and time
- Click on Update QR Code
This will update the new deactivation time for the QR Code.
This is what the landing page will look like once someone scans the deactivated QR Code on their smartphone:
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at email@example.com.