Use this guide to understand about the multiple ways to get the tickets created using the web application Ticket Generator.
Using Ticket Generator, here are the ways to generate the tickets:
- Generate Form Link
- Generate and Download
- Generate and Send
- Generate via API
A. Generate Form Link
Event Registration is a feature that allows event organizers to share an ‘event page with a registration link' with potential guests. On clicking the link, the guests are asked to fill a form and register themselves for the event. On successful registration, the ticket automatically gets generated (or after approval) for that guest and is sent to the guest’s email/phone number. For details, please see: How can I setup Event Registration?
B. Generate and Download
This feature allows you to generate and download the tickets in your computer. You can choose and export tickets in different image formats – JPG, PNG, or create a printable sheet (PDF) with multiple tickets (1-4) as per your selected layout., which can be printed at home or by using the services of a professional printer. After specifying the number of tickets, simply click on Download Sample Ticket if you wish to preview your ticket or click on Download to get your tickets. A prompt will ask you to verify information and then you'll get the confirmation email on your registered email address with the Ticket Batch Link.
C. Generate and Send
This method allows you to send the tickets via:
- E-mail - upload a Data file containing the E-mail addresses of the recipients and the number of tickets for each recipient or enter the data manually
- SMS/WhatsApp - upload a Data file containing the Phone Number of the recipient and the number of tickets for each recipient or enter the data manually. Make sure that phone numbers are preceded with country code
- In case you select both email and SMS/WhatsApp then the data file must contain the email addresses of the recipients along with the phone numbers and the number of tickets for each recipient
You can also customize the email content of the tickets and can add and customize HTML, allowing your emails to become more visually appealing.
D. Generate via API
Using this method you can generate tickets by calling the APIs provided by us. You can call our API using the API access token or without it. However, when you call the API without the access token then you will receive sample ticket and not the actual one, but on the contrary when you call the API with actual access token then you will receive real ticket belonging to the selected event.
- Copy your API Key
- Select the Event for which you wish to generate tickets
- Click on View Docs. You will hen be redirected to the API Playground
Using this API, it is possible to create and get a ticket for an event in multiple ways - Create and get QR Code and ticket ID only, create and get ticket in PNG, and create and email/SMS ticket directly to recipient