Use this guide to create a Dynamic App Deep Link QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator
App Deep Link QR Code when scanned opens the specified page in the installed mobile app or prompts to download the app if it is not installed.
Here is how to create App Deep Link QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator:
- Login to your Scanova account. If you are a new user, you can sign-up for a 14-day free trial account
- Once you have logged in, go to the Create QR Code section from the left sidebar
- From the list of options available, choose App Deep Link QR Code. Alternatively, you can search for this QR Code category using Quick Search on the top-right (use the keyword 'App')
- In the screen that appears, you'll see 3 sections to enter the URLs
- In the Enter app URIs section, enter the URIs of the app page that the user should see if the app (iOS or Android) is installed on the user’s scanning device (e.g., myapp://path/)
- In the Next Section, enter the Google Play and App Store URLs of your application. In case the user’s scanning device does not have your app installed, the user will be redirected to one of the app download pages on the Play Store or App Store depending on the operating system (Android/iOS) of the device
- The Last Section requires you to Enter a fallback web URL. In case the user’s scanning device does not have your app installed and the operating system of the device cannot be detected, then the user will be redirected to this web URL, which will open in a mobile browser
- After having entered all the 3 sections, click on Continue
- You will be redirected to the Create QR Code screen. In this screen, you need to specify additional details and settings of the QR Code
- Give your QR Code a Name
- [Optional] You can add a Tag (or label) to the QR Code. Tags allow you to categorize your QR Codes, which can be useful for searching them quickly. Please refer to Tags: How to organize QR Codes
- This QR Code type will be Dynamic. This means that QR Code is editable and trackable. Note that an ongoing subscription is required for Dynamic QR Codes to work beyond the free trial. See: Plans and Pricing
- Additionally, there will be "Advanced Settings" options available, including the ability to customize short URLs, add password protection, capture leads, and obtain the exact GPS location of the scan
- Proceed to click on Create QR Code to generate your QR Code
- Your QR Code will be generated and you can view its details.
- By default, the QR Code design is standard black-and-white. If you wish to add a design (colors, patterns, logo), click on 'Edit Design'. For assistance, See: How to Add a Design to QR Codes
- You can either design or directly download the QR Code image. Always test your QR Code before downloading the final image
- On clicking Download, you will be able to choose the image format (PNG, JPG, SVG, EPS, etc.) and specify the required image size (in pixels, inches, cm, or mm). Refer to: How to download a QR Code
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.