Use this guide to understand How to create a ticket using the Ticket Generator web application.
To start using the Ticket Generator web application, you simply need to go to the Ticket Generator website, and with the free account, you get 10 free ticket credits that will allow you to test the application and create real tickets.
Important: Each Ticket has a unique Ticket ID/Code and the QR Code encoded into it.
Now, Once you've logged in to the account dashboard, here is what you can do:
1. Create an Event
To create your event, you need to fill in the following details:
- Event Name (maximum 50 characters)
- Date & Timings (choose between the 12-hour and 24-hour time format)
- Event Type (Single or Multi-Day)
- Date & Timings (Choose Start Date & End Date Time)
- Ticket Activation Date & Time (Event coordinators will be able to validate tickets only after this specified time)
- Timezone (Select Timezone from the Dropdown)
- Venue (maximum 75 characters)
- Event Description (Optional)
- Note (Optional)
Note: In Multi-Day Events you can create events that span over multiple days (e.g. conferences, promotional events, etc.) and allow your guests to check in on different days using the same ticket. For further information, See: What is a Multi-Day Event?
Also, please note that these event details will be printed on the tickets as well. So enter content accordingly. Once the event content is final, click on Create.
2. Design tickets
- If you have a ready-made design template in PNG, JPEG, and JPG format. The image size should not exceed 5MB then you can upload your ticket design
- In case you do not have a ticket design, then you can use the default design and add background images, logos, additional event details like Event description, tagline, or any other useful information
You can also add variable information (if any) blocks by clicking on the + sign. Here, you can specify the text colour and resize the text.
In addition, you can also edit the ‘Header’ and ‘Value’ text to view how actual data will look once ticket data is uploaded and tickets are generated.
Note that the actual data of the Header and Value will be taken in subsequent steps.
3. Delivery method
Using Ticket Generator, here are the ways to generate the tickets:
- Generate Form Link
- Generate and Download
- Generate and Send
- Generate via API
Here's a detailed article on How to get the Tickets.
4. Number of tickets
If you choose 'Generate and Download' or 'Generate and Send' as a delivery method, you will have the option of selecting the number of tickets you want to download or send.
- Generate and Download: After selecting the option you will have to specify the number of tickets you want to download and click on Next.
- Generate and Send: If you select the option of sending the tickets via Email, SMS, or WhatsApp then after selecting the delivery method, you have to specify the total number of tickets you want to send to a particular recipient. You will also have the option to mention the No. of tickets, if you upload a data file.
5. Get a Sample Ticket
If you want to see a sample of the ticket designed then you can download a sample ticket without utilizing Ticket Credits.
After selecting your Delivery method please scroll down and click on the 'Sample Ticket' button and enter an email id (in the case of 'Generate & Send') on which you want to receive the sample ticket and click on Send. You will receive an email with a sample ticket. See more on sample tickets here: How to use Sample Tickets to test Ticket Generator
After you have generated the tickets, you can validate the tickets from our Ticket Validator app. Here's a detailed article on How to validate tickets using the Ticket Validator app
Note: The ticket creation limit in one batch is 5,000. This means you can Generate and Download 5,000 tickets or Send tickets to up to 5,000 recipients in one go using the Bulk ticket create option.
If you still have questions related to this topic, please feel free to reach out to the customer relations team at email@example.com.