Use this guide to create a Static QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator.
Static QR Codes are non-editable i.e. you cannot edit the content once the QR Code has been generated. However, Static QR Codes once created, work forever, i.e., they do not require an ongoing subscription with the service provider.
Static QR Codes are also non-trackable, which means you cannot track how many people have scanned your QR Code, and few other scanning parameters.
Using Scanova QR Code Generator, it is possible to generate Static QR Codes. However, you will need a paid subscription to generate these. This feature is not available in the free-trial period.
Note that the following QR Code categories are always Static:
- Calendar Event
- Simple Vcard
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Simple Text
- Bitcoin Address
- Text Message
Also, note that the following QR Code categories can be Static and Dynamic:
- Website URL
- Google Maps
Here are the basic steps which can be followed to create a Static QR Code using the online tool Scanova QR Code Generator:
- Login to your Scanova account. If you are a new user, you can Sign-up for a 14-day free trial account
- Once you have logged in, go to the Create QR Code section from the left sidebar
- From the list of options available, choose a Static QR Code category depending on what you want your target audience to see or do when they scan the QR Code. Alternatively, you can search for the QR Code category using Quick Search on the top-right
- In the following screen, enter the contents (e.g. URL in Website URL category) and click on Continue
- You will then be redirected to the Create QR Code screen. In this screen, you need to specify additional details and settings of the QR Code
- Accordingly you can give your QR Code a Name
- [Optional] You can add a Tag (or label) to the Static QR Code. Tags allow you to categorize your QR Codes according to your campaigns and can be useful for searching them quickly
- If you are a paid user you can then choose QR Code Type as Static or Dynamic Category
- Proceed to click on Create QR Code to generate your QR Code
- Your QR Code will be generated and you can view its details
- By default, the QR Code design is standard black-and-white. If you wish to add a design (colors, patterns, logo), click on 'Edit Design'
- You can either design or directly download the QR Code image. Always test your QR Code before downloading the final image
- On clicking Download, you will be able to choose the image format (PNG, JPG, SVG, EPS, etc.) and specify the required image size (in pixels, inches, cm, or mm)
- You can view your QR Codes in the My QR Codes section on the left sidebar
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.