Use this guide to know about Conditional Redirection in a Website URL QR Code created using Scanova QR Code Generator
When scanned, a Website URL QR Code redirects the end-users to the specified URL/link. This link could be for a website/webpage, document, social media profile, video, file, or any other content hosted online.
However, the recent feature of Conditional Redirection helps the Scanova Account users to redirect the end-users who are scanning the QR Code to a specific web URL with respect to country, device, or OS. Note that this feature is only available to Pro and Enterprise Users only.
Conditional Redirection helps to redirect end-users to specific URLs based on the following conditions:
1. Country of the end-user
The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on his country. For example: If you want to redirect the end-users of Country A to Website 1 and the end-users of Country B to Website 2 that can be done using this option.
2. Device type
The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on the type of device used to scan the QR Code. The device conditions that can be used are Mobile, Tablet, PC, Bot, and Others.
3. The operating system of the scanning device
The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on the operating system of the scanning device. The OS conditions that can be used are Linus, Android, iOS, Windows, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows 8, MeeGo, Windows Phone, BkackBerry OS, Windows RT, Symbian^3 Belle, Symbian^3, Chrome OS, Symbian OS, Windows Vista, Ubuntu, Firefox OS, Bada, Windows 98, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Maemo, SUSE, Debian, Mandriva, Linux Mint, Fedora, Gentoo, Solaris, OpenBSD, Red Hat, NetBSD, Windows 2000, Windows RT 8.1, Mac OS, Windows 95, Windows ME, Windows CE, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Mobile, Windows 3.1, FreeBSD, CentOS, Symbian^3 Anna, Slackware, Kindle, Brew MP, KaiOS, Tizen, Sailfish, WebOS, Chromecast, openSUSE etc.
Note: Upto 50 conditions can be implemented and a combination of any 2 types of conditions is not available.
Please watch the demo video below to understand and implement this feature:
Alternatively, you can follow the below listed steps:
- Redirection by Conditions i.e. Country, Device, and Operating System
- Login to your Scanova Generator Account
- Click on Create QR Code
- Click on Website URL QR Code or you can search in the quick search bar
- On the subsequent screen, fill in a web URL in the provided space that you wish to display upon scanning. Note that this URL is a Fallback URL which means it will be displayed to the users who will not be falling into the conditions set
- Click on Advanced Settings and check Conditional Redirection
- Choose the conditions which you wish to set and click on Continue
- To proceed further the, please refer to How to create a Website URL QR Code
Note: You will need a Pro or Enterprise subscription to use this feature.
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.