Use this guide to know about Conditional Redirection in a Website URL QR Code created using Scanova QR Code Generator.
When scanned, a Website URL QR Code redirects the end-users to the specified URL/link. This link could be for a website/webpage, document, social media profile, video, file, or any other content hosted online.
However, the recent feature of Conditional Redirection helps the Scanova Account users to redirect the end-users who are scanning the QR Code to a specific web URL with respect to country, device, or OS. Note that this feature is only available to Pro and Enterprise Users only.
Conditional Redirection helps to redirect end-users to specific URLs based on the following conditions:
- Country of the end-user - The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on his country
- Device type (mobile, tablet, etc.) - The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on the type of device used to scan the QR Code
- The operating system of the scanning device (Android, iOS, etc.) - The user will be redirected to a specific URL based on the operating system of the scanning device
Please note that upto 50 conditions can be implemented and a combination of any 2 types of conditions is not available.
Here's how you can implement this feature:
- Redirection by Conditions i.e. Country, Device, and Operating System
- Login to your Scanova Generator Account
- Click on Create QR Code
- Click on Website URL QR Code or you can search in the quick search bar
- On the subsequent screen, fill in a web URL in the provided space that you wish to display upon scanning. Note that this URL is a Fallback URL which means it will be displayed to the users who will not be falling into the conditions set
- Click on Advanced Settings and check Conditional Redirection
- Choose the conditions which you wish to set and click on Continue
- To proceed further the, please refer to How to create a Website URL QR Code
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at email@example.com.