Use this guide to create a Event QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator.
A Event QR Code allows you to create an invitation card for an Event and RSVP options to a Dynamic QR Code. When this QR Code is scanned, the end-user will see a mobile-optimized landing page with all the event details. For example—event title, banner images, description, and image gallery. This QR Code also helps guests RSVP via email and add the Event to their Calendar.
Here is how to create a Event QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator:
- Login to your Scanova account. If you are a new user, you can sign-up for a 14-day free trial account
- Once you have logged, go to the Create QR Code section from the left sidebar
- From the list of options available, choose Event QR Code. Alternatively, you can search for this QR Code category using Quick Search on the top-right (use keyword 'Event')
- In the screen that opens, you can add all the necessary details of the Event such as Page title, Event Schedule, Event venue, RSVP etc.
- Start customizing the landing page by adding title and banner images (up to three)
- Next, you can add event description in the Add Event Description box. It could be anything such as details about the event and list of speakers and even images
- You will see the option Add Button. You can use this button to redirect guests to your website, to watch a video, or to even view an image gallery
- Next, specify the event details such as date, time, duration, and venue of the event. Also, enter the venue location in the dialogue box over the map. Then, pinpoint the exact location on the map
- To add RSVP option, Specify the email address where you want to receive responses. You can also specify how many additional guests are allowed, till when the guests can respond, and any additional question
Further, if you also want guests to share the event on their social media profiles, you can also add ‘Social sharing buttons’ from layout elements. Enter the text and select social platforms of your choice
- To attach a file to the landing page, choose the File component from the available components which will allow you to add a document either directly from your computer or via Google Drive, OneDrive, or an external link/URL. For details, see: How to attach Files to a landing page
- To collect data from the end-users you can choose the Custom Form component which will allow you to add up to 20 questions and export the responses of the users via a CSV file. Please note this Custom Form feature is only available in our Standard and Pro plans. For details, see: Custom Forms: How to collect data from your end-users
- The Map Location button which when clicked, redirects to a map location. To add this component on the landing page simply click on Map Location in the list of available components. For details, see: How can I provide a Map Location in a landing page
- To redirect the users to a video, click on the Video component. It allows you to attach a video either uploaded as a file (available only in the Enterprise Plan) or as a shareable URL (available in all the plans). For details, see: How can I embed videos in a landing page
- Using the feature of Event Tracking (available in the Pro Plan) you can track the number of clicks on each button by assigning a unique Tracking ID to each button and track the clicks in the Analytics via your account dashboard. For details, see: Event Tracking | Setup, Data, and Integrations
- You can check the preview of the landing page (the page that appears on scanning the QR Code) on the right-hand side
- After entering the details, click on Continue
- You will be redirected to the Create QR Code screen. In this screen, you need to specify additional details and settings of the QR Code
- Give your QR Code a Name
- [Optional] You can add a Tag (or label) to the QR Code. Tags allow you to categorize your QR Codes, which can be useful for searching them quickly
- This QR Code type will be Dynamic. This means that QR Code is editable and trackable. Note that an ongoing subscription is required for Dynamic QR Codes to work beyond the free trial. See Plans and Pricing.
- Proceed to click on Create QR Code to generate your QR Code
- Your QR Code will be generated and you can view its details.
- By default, the QR Code design is standard black-and-white. If you wish to add design (colors, patterns, logo), click on 'Edit Design'
- You can either design or directly download the QR Code image. Always test your QR Code before downloading the final image
- On clicking Download, you will be able to choose the image format (PNG, JPG, SVG, EPS, etc.) and specify the required image size (in pixels, inches, cm, or mm)
- Upon scanning the QR Code users will have an option to save the calendar event on their phones.
- You can view your QR Codes in the My QR Codes section on the left sidebar and edit it anytime (in case of Dynamic QR Codes) without changing the actual QR Code
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.