When someone scans a Dynamic QR Code, it is possible to capture standard data such as time/date of scan, city, country, device type, operating system, browser, and handset.
However, it is not possible to know (directly) who scanned the QR Code as this is private information.
Using Scanova QR Code Generator, this becomes a possibility. With a Dynamic QR Code, you can attach a pop-up form (with input fields such as name, email, phone number, etc.) that the end-user can fill manually. On submitting this information, the end-user can then view the content linked to the QR Code.
This feature is called 'Lead Generation' as it allows you to capture 'leads' from QR Code campaigns.
Note that the Lead Generation feature is available only in the Standard and Pro Plans. See Plans and Pricing.
Here's how you can use the Lead Generation feature:
Step 1: Create Leads List
A Leads List is a database (spreadsheet) that records data of the captured leads.
1. Login to your Scanova account
2. From the sidebar navigation panel, select the Leads option
3. Click on the New List option
4. From the New List window that opens
- Give your list a Name
- You can add or remove list fields according to your campaign requirements
- You can also customize the design of the leads page (pop-up form)
5. Select Create option
Following the above steps, your Lead List will be created.
Step 2: Add Lead Generation to QR Code
1. From the dashboard, click on Create QR Code to create a new QR Code
2. Choose the QR Code type (e.g., Website URL, Document, App Store, etc.)
3. Add content (e.g., website link, upload Document, app store links, etc.) and click on Create QR Code
4. A Create QR Code window will open. In this window:
- Select the Capture Leads option
- From the Dropdown, select the Name of the Lead List you wish to apply to the QR Code
- You can also create a new Lead List and click on the refresh icon for it appear in the Dropdown
- Select Create QR Code to generate the QR Code
Step 3: View Analytics and Export Leads Data
1. Select Leads from the Left-Panel
2. Click on the name of the list
3. Filter leads by date and List name and click Apply to view Analytics
4. Click on Export to download the leads in CSV format
Step 4: Update Lead Generation Setup in QR Code
1. Select My QR Codes from Left-Panel
2. Click on 'View/Edit' on the QR Code you wish to update
3. In the Advanced Settings Box, click on 'View/Edit'
4. Make necessary changes in the Lead Generation section and check/uncheck Capture Leads box
How to get notifications for captured leads
Note that you can also set the Frequency of Notifications whenever leads are acquired.
Here's how to do so:
1. Click on Leads from the Left-Panel
2. Click on Notification Tab and you can set up the Frequency and the respective Email ID on which you wish to receive the notifications.
How to get leads data via webhooks
The standard way to get leads data is via exporting leads using the account dashboard. However, it is also possible to get the leads data directly in your own information system in real time via webhooks integration.
Here is how to set it up:
1. Go to Leads from the sidebar navigation panel
2. Choose the required List
3. Go to Integrations tab
4. Click on Setup below Webhooks option
5. In the modal that opens, enter the 'Catch hook URL' where each leads data will be sent in JSON format via POST method
6. Proceed to complete setup
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at email@example.com.