Say you're looking to share sensitive or confidential content via QR Codes and want to ensure that only authorized people can view the linked content. Then you have the option of password-protecting Dynamic QR Codes generated using Scanova QR Code Generator.
This guide will help you on how to setup password-protection for new or existing Dynamic QR Codes in your Scanova QR Code Generator account. Note: You will need Standard or Pro subscription to use this feature.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Login to your Scanova QR Code Generator account
2. Create a new QR Code. Say you want to create a Website URL QR Code. Select Website URL from QR Code categories and enter the link of your website, video, etc.
3. Click on Continue
4. A new page will appear where you can the name of the QR Code
5. In the same page, click Add Password Protection and enter the password
6. Click on Create QR Code
That’s it. Your QR Code will be password protected.
You can then download the QR Code and share it on print media. Only the authorized personnel having the password will be able to access content linked with the QR Code.
You can even edit or password protect your existing QR Codes. Here’s how:
1. Login to your Scanova QR Code Generator account and go to My QR Codes on the left panel
2. Select the QR Code, click on View/Edit. After this click on Advanced Settings and enter the new password
3. Click on Update QR Code
This will update the password without changing the QR Code.
This is what the landing page will look like once someone scans the QR Code on their smartphone:
Once the password is entered, the end-user can access the content linked to the QR Code.
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.