Typically, most online QR Code Generators allow you to generate standard black-and-white QR Codes. While these are functional, they are not ideal for promotional use cases as your target audience is likely to mistake such a monotonous-looking QR Code for 'official use'.
Scanova QR Code Generator allows you to add design to the QR Codes that you generate making the QR Codes look 'personalized' to your brand. Typically, custom-designed QR Codes attract 50-200% more scans than standard black-and-white QR Codes.
This guide will provide details on how to add design to your QR Codes and make them more visually appealing.
There are two ways by which you can add design to your QR Codes:
- QR Code with a logo in the center ("Custom Logo Design")
- QR Code with an image as its background ("Custom Background Design")
Follow these steps to get started:
2. Select the QR Code Category you want: Website URL, Google Maps, Social Media, Vcard profile, etc. For demo purposes, say you want to create a Website URL QR Code. So select Website URL from the list of QR Code categories
3. Enter the URL of your website and create the QR Code
4. Now, Select Edit Design
5. Next you’ll see two QR Code designs on your screen: Custom with Logo and Custom with Background.
Let's go through this one-by-one
A. Custom Logo Design
To create a Custom QR Code design with a logo in the center:
1. Choose the Custom Logo Design Design type. This will take you to the designing tool where you can customize your QR Code by adding a logo, changing color, pattern, and background color
2. First, the templates tab will open by default
Here you’ll see the following options:
- Choose from saved templates: You can select from the saved templates
Choose from Scanova Templates: It allows you to select from the default templates
Add a Frame to the QR Code
Here, you can add a frame to your QR Code to make the QR Code look more purposeful. Also, you can make changes to the frame specification such as background color, text color, etc.
Add a Logo option
Here, you can add/remove an image as a logo for your QR Code
Also, You'll see the option to Remove Blocks Around the Logo: On checking this option ‘yes’, it removes data modules around your logo
Add text as logo option:
Click this option to add text as a logo. Here you can change the text box size, color, and font of the text along with options such as bold and italics.
3. In the Eyes tab, you can change the pattern and color of the eyes of the QR Code
4. In the Data tab, you can change the pattern and color of data modules
5. In the Background Tab, you can change the background color of the QR Code as well as you can select the option to make a transparent QR Code.
6. In The Error Correction Tab, It allows you to select the level of error correction. It is recommended to choose level Q or H while creating a custom logo QR Code design
7. Once you finalize the QR Code design, click Done Editing. Go ahead to Download your QR Code. A pop-up will appear prompting you to sign-up for a 14-day free trial. Note that you’ll need to sign-up to be able to download your QR Code image
8. Once you sign up, you’ll be able to download your QR Code image in the size and format you need: SVG, PNG, JPG, etc.
It is advisable that you download the image in vector format (SVG, EPS) if you want to add your QR Code to print material.
Always make sure that you scan the QR Code with a QR Code scanning application before printing it on your campaign material.
B. Custom Background Design
1. Say you want to create a QR Code with your logo in the background. In that case, you’ll have to click Custom Background Design Design type.
2. You’ll be redirected to the designing tool page. In the image tab, click Upload Image to upload your image to the background
3. You can resize and position your QR Code on the image as per your requirement. Also, Click Preview to see the design of your QR Code image. You can edit the position of your QR Code with the Reposition option
4. Next In the Design Pattern tab, you can change the pattern of data bits and the eyes of the QR Code
Note that you can not change the color of eyes or data in a Custom background QR Code design
5. Once your QR Code design is ready, click Download. Note that you’ll need to sign up for a 14-day free trial to be able to download your QR Code image
6. Once you sign up, you can download your QR Code image in PNG or JPG format. This is because the image you uploaded was in PNG/JPG format too. Also, the size of the image downloaded will be equal to the size of the background image uploaded
Note that it is always better to create a Dynamic QR Code. A Dynamic QR Code is both editable and trackable.
If you still have unanswered questions related to this topic, you can reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.