Use this guide to create Document QR Code (previously PDF QR Code) using Scanova QR Code Generator.
Document QR Code allows you to upload and link up to 20 documents (possible document file formats include PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, ODT, ODS, ODP, TXT, CSV) to a Dynamic QR Code. When this QR Code is scanned, the end-user will see a landing page with links to all uploaded documents. Each document can be viewed and downloaded.
Here is how to create Document QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator:
- Login to your Scanova account. If you are a new user, you can sign-up for a 14-day free trial account
- Once you have logged, go to the Create QR Code section from the left sidebar
- From the list of options available, choose Document QR Code. Alternatively, you can search for this QR Code category using Quick Search on the top-right (use keyword 'document')
- In the screen that opens, you're required to upload the documents. Click on Upload File button and choose all the document files that you want to link to your QR Code. Note that you can upload a maximum of 20 documents and size of each document should be less than 20 MB
- You can check the preview of the landing page (the page that appears on scanning the QR Code) on the right-hand side. Note that you can also re-order the documents simply by drag-drop each document bar
You will now see the option Track Clicks in button components just below the file, To start tracking clicks on a button in a landing page, you need to first add a Tracking ID. A Tracking ID is a unique identifier (specified by you) that helps in identifying the button in tracking data and analytics graphs. You can refer: Event Tracking to know more about event tracking
- Once the files are uploaded and the landing page is finalized, click on Continue
- You will be redirected to the Create QR Code screen. In this screen, you need to specify additional details and settings of the QR Code
- Give your QR Code a Name
- [Optional] You can add a Tag (or label) to the QR Code. Tags allow you to categorize your QR Codes, which can be useful for searching them quickly
- This QR Code type will be Dynamic. This means that QR Code is editable and trackable. Note that an ongoing subscription is required for Dynamic QR Codes to work beyond the free trial
- [Optional] You will also see options of advanced settings such as Customize Short URL, Lead Generation, Exact GPS Location, and Password-Protection. Note that these options are only available to advanced users (Standard/Pro depending on feature)
- Proceed to click on Create QR Code to generate your QR Code
- Your QR Code will be generated and you can view its details.
- By default, the QR Code design is standard black-and-white. If you wish to add a design (colors, patterns, logo), click on 'Edit Design'
- You can either design or directly download the QR Code image. Always test your QR Code before downloading the final image
- On clicking Download, you will be able to choose the image format (PNG, JPG, SVG, EPS, etc.) and specify the required image size (in pixels, inches, cm, or mm)
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.