Use this guide to create VCard Profile QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator.
VCard Profile QR Code allows you to link your business information to a Dynamic QR Code. When this QR Code is scanned, the end-user will see a landing page with information on contact details, the company and its description, social media links, etc. Users can then save this information on the phone using 'Add to Contacts'.
You can watch the demo video below on How to create a VCard Profile QR Code:
Here is how to create VCard Profile QR Code using Scanova QR Code Generator:
- Login to your Scanova account. If you are a new user, you can sign-up for a 14-day free trial account
- Once you have logged in, go to the Create QR Code section from the left sidebar
- From the list of options available, choose VCard Profile QR Code. Alternatively, you can search for this QR Code category using Quick Search on the top-right (use keyword 'VCard')
- In the screen that opens, you're required to enter all the information which may include:
- Profile Information: Profile picture, Name, Designation and Company
- Contact Details: Phone Number(s), Email(s), Website(s) and Address (GPS location can be enabled for address by clicking on Show Location on Maps)s
- Social Media Profile: Profile links of Social Media apps (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Description Box: Description of yourself or the company, links, images, etc (Additional Description Boxes can be also added from the top of the section)
Note: You can edit the background color, text color, font family, and font size of the Description Box.
- To attach a file to the landing page, choose the File component from the available components which will allow you to add a document either directly from your computer or via Google Drive, OneDrive, or an external link/URL. For details, see: How to Attach Files to a Landing Page
- To collect data from the end-users you can choose the Custom Form component which will allow you to add up to 20 questions and export the responses of the users via a CSV file. Please note this Custom Form feature is only available in our Standard and Pro plans. For details, see: Custom Forms: How to collect data from your end-users
- The Map Location button which when clicked, redirects to a map location. To add this component to the landing page simply click on Map Location in the list of available components. For details, see: How can I provide a Map Location in a landing page
- To redirect the users to a video, click on the Video component. It allows you to attach a video either uploaded as a file (available only in the Enterprise Plan) or as a shareable URL (available in all the plans). For details, see: How can I embed videos in a landing page
- Using the feature of Event Tracking (available in the Pro Plan) you can track the number of clicks on each button by assigning a unique Tracking ID to each button and track the clicks in the Analytics via your account dashboard. For details, see: Event Tracking | Setup, Data, and Integrations
- You can check the preview of the landing page (the page that appears on scanning the QR Code) on the right-hand side.
- Once all the information is entered and the preview is checked, click on Continue
- You will be redirected to the Create QR Code screen. In this screen, you need to specify additional details and settings of the QR Code
- Give your QR Code a Name
- [Optional] You can add a Tag (or label) to the QR Code. Tags allow you to categorize your QR Codes, which can be useful for searching them quickly. To know more about organising the QR Codes with Tags, see: Tags: How to organize QR Codes
- This QR Code type will be Dynamic. This means that QR Code is editable and trackable. Note that an ongoing subscription is required for Dynamic QR Codes to work beyond the free trial
- [Optional] You will also see options for advanced settings such as Customize Short URL, Lead Generation, Exact GPS Location, and Password-Protection. To know more about the Advanced settings, see: What 'Advanced Settings' are offered by Scanova QR Generator?
Note: These options are only available to advanced users (Standard/Pro depending on the feature)
- Proceed to click on Create QR Code to generate your QR Code
- Your QR Code will be generated and you can view its details.
- By default, the QR Code design is standard black-and-white. If you wish to add a design (colours, patterns, logo), click on 'Edit Design'. To add a design to your QR Codes, please see: How to add design to QR Codes
- You can either design or directly download the QR Code image. Always test your QR Code before downloading the final image. See: How to download a QR Code?
- On clicking Download, you will be able to choose the image format (PNG, JPG, SVG, EPS, etc.) and specify the required image size (in pixels, inches, cm, or mm)
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.