Use this guide to understand how to set up Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) on the online application Scanova QR Code Generator. With MFA, you can add a second layer of access security to your account, as opposed to Single-factor Authentication (login via password only).
Using the MFA feature, you can setup and add another security layer using one of the following methods:
Email: Get code in email inbox
Authenticator: Get code in Authenticator app
A. Enable MFA
Here's how to enable MFA on your Scanova Account:
- Login to your Scanova QR Code Generator account
- Click on Profile dropdown from the left sidebar and click on 'View/Edit'
- Click on Login Method tab
- In the section Multi-factor Authentication, toggle the button to 'ON' to enable MFA
- You'll be given the option to Choose Authentication Method
In the subsequent sections, you'll be shown how to setup MFA via each method.
B. MFA Method — Email
During login, when you've entered your email address and password, you'll need to enter another one-time password (OTP) or code. If you choose the Email method, you'll receive the code in the inbox of your registered email address.
Here's how to set it up:
- Click on the EMAIL Button
- Click on Send Code
- Please note that the code will be sent to your email ID registered with Scanova
- You'll be prompted to verify your identity by entering your account password
- Once this is done, you will receive an email with the verification code. Please note that the code is valid for 10 minutes only
- Enter the verification code in the MFA setup
- Click on Verify
Post verification, you'll be shown 10 Backup Codes. If for some reason you don’t have access to the multi-factor authentication code i.e. cannot access email then you can use one of these single-use backup codes. It is important that you download these codes and keep them in a secure place. These will not be shown again.
After completing the above steps, your MFA setup with Get Code by Email is complete. Each time you login to your Scanova account you'll receive a code on your email which has to be entered for logging in to your account.
C. MFA Method — Authenticator App
During login, when you've entered your email address and password, you'll need to enter another one-time password (OTP) or code. If you choose the Authenticator App method, you'll get the code in an Authenticator mobile application on your smartphone that was used during setup.
By default, you will be prompted to use the Google Authenticator application (available on both Google Play and App Store). However, you can choose from any of these supported authenticator apps.
Here's how you can setup this option:
- Click on Authenticator App button
- Enter your account password to verify identity
- You'll now need to download the Google Authenticator mobile to proceed
- Or here's the list of the supported apps: Authenticator Apps
- After the Google Authenticator app is downloaded, open the application, and click on + icon on the bottom right corner of the screen
- The camera and the scanning feature will get activated
- Scan the QR Code displayed on the computer screen with the authenticator app
- A row will be added to the application ("Scanova") and you'll see a code that updates with time
- On the setup screen, click on the Next Button
- Enter the current code displayed in the Authenticator app to complete setup
- Download or copy your Backup Codes
- Your setup is complete
Now, each time you login to your Scanova account you'll need to enter the current code displayed in the Authenticator App.
D. Disable/Edit MFA
You can either disable MFA (by toggling the button to 'OFF') or change the method via the Login Method tab in the Profile section.
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.