Read this help article if you are interested in using and integrating QR API in your own information system or mobile application to generate Static QR Codes programmatically.
Step 1: Sign-up for a 14-day Free Trial to get API Key
This step is required to generate a valid API key. An API key is required to generate valid API requests, which will return scannable QR Codes.
Follow these steps:
- Go to QR API's Signup Page
- Fill the required information on the sign-up page that opens
- When you are logged in, you can generate an API key via the 'Get API Key'
- Copy this key to the clipboard
Step 2: Use API Playground & Documentation to test API
Once a key has been generated, you can use Scanova API Playground & Documentation feature to test the API.
Follow these steps:
- Go to QR API's API Playground & Documentation Page
- Above the categories of the Static QR Code, you will see a option of 'Authorize'
- Click on the Authorize option, you will see a pop-up asking for the value
- Paste the API key in the given box and click on 'Authorize'
- Now click on the 'Get' button for the QR Code that you wish to generate. For example /qrcode/url is to generate a Website URL QR Code
- Click on 'Test' to enable the parameters fields
- Enter the values of the parameters as per your requirement
- Once the parameter data has been specified, click on 'Execute'
- A QR Code and a request URL will be generated. You can test this URL by copy-pasting it to a new browser tab
Use this playground to generate the QR Code template that works best for your needs. To integrate with your own information system, generate the API Request URLs in the format specified.
Note: When your system or mobile app sends an API Request with an invalid key, a QR Code image with a preview watermark will be returned.
If you still have questions related to this topic, feel free to reach out to our customer relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org